Howard’s Duck Creek Quarry Park beach will close for swimming on Tuesday, September 8th. The remainder of the park is open for fishing and non-motorized boating.
• All beach users, including swimmers, sun bathers, and picnickers, must have a wristband to enter the beach area. The reusable, customized wristbands are free, good for the entire season, and are available now for village residents to pick up at the Howard Village Hall.
• A photo ID or proof of residency is required to obtain a wristband. Village Hall is open 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Fridays. Please plan ahead, as wristbands will not be available at the quarry.
• The beach area will have limited access between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. only. The beach will be closed outside of these hours.
• The remainder of the park and trail will be open to all visitors and for all uses, except swimming, during normal park hours. Catch and release fishing is allowed, but not from the beach area. Non-motorized boating, paddle boarding, etc. should launch from the dock, and dog swimming also is designated in that area. Those activities are not allowed on or from the swimming beach.
• Park security personnel will be patrolling the beach and park areas. Citations may be issued for rule violations, and beach privileges also may be revoked.
Howard’s Duck Creek Quarry Park is located at 2140 Glendale Avenue.